PTR’s Sustainability Mission
PTR contributes to a healthier environment through sustainability practices that positively impact its internal and the external natural environment, employee health, welfare and the community. PTR is committed to the responsible use of environmental resources as a means of living its core values.
PTR staff, vendors and partners are tasked with helping to recognize new opportunities to develop and implement sustainability solutions. PTR strives to make a difference through Focus, Commitment and the Promise of a vision that is, to provide a better quality of life within our environment today and for future generations. PTR customers also realize that when they invest in a PTR compactor or baler, they contribute to a healthier environment AND help PTR to succeed in its mission. Our Sustainability Policy embraces our mission.
- Commercial establishments generate a large portion of the estimated 31.4 million tons of corrugated cardboard discarded each year.
- The good news is 77 percent of those boxes were recycled in 2008.
- Corrugated recycling systems are relatively easy to establish: cardboard is easily identifiable, is often generated in large quantities, and has a ready market.
- Because corrugated cardboard is so bulky, recycling it can save significant waste disposal costs. Use the following resources to help you set up a cardboard recycling program.
- 30 million tons of plastic wastes were generated in 2009, representing 12.3 percent of total MSW.
- Only 7 percent of the total plastic waste generated in 2009 was recovered for recycling.
- Manufacturers make 99 percent of all beer cans and 97 percent of all soft drink cans from aluminum.
- 51 percent of aluminum beer and soft drink containers generated were recycled (about 0.7 million tons).